On the world-going-to-hell-in-a-handbasket category:
- Single households might be a very important focus for green products
- Juan Cole discovers peak oil
- Current events and apocalyptic thinking
- New Oxygen-poor "dead zone" off of the Oregon coast due to global climate change?
- Surprise, surprise: study says frequent heat waves due to global climate change
- And that could mean more expensive vegetables
And on a more fun note:
- Apple's WWDC (World Wide Developer Conference) starts tomorrow, and Steve Jobs' keynote is at 10:00 AM. It is just across the bay, but I won't be there.
- A banner at WWDC was spied saying: "Mac OS Leopard, Introducing Vista 2.0" (Leopard is Mac OS 10.5, the upcoming upgrade to the Mac OS. Microsoft's new OS Vista 1.0 hasn't even shipped yet, Leopard is likely to beat it to store shelves.)
- A roundup of WWDC rumors likely to be true (boy, they have been flying. An iPhone? Puleeeze.)