Today, I was reading up on what the Plone community has done with integrating their CMS with Salesforce.com. I am thinking that this might be a good model for how we can do it with Drupal, but that's a subject for another post. (from Plone/SF Integration group) There's a good overview of the integration on the developerforce wiki. There are 5 components to the integration:
- a couple of toolkits that provide the basic back-and-forth between Plone and Salesforce.com (they talk to Python and Zope)
- an auth plug-in that allows for Salesforce.com objects to be Plone users, credential checking, caching of user data, and syncing of data from Salesforce.com and Plone
- an integration of PloneFormGen with Salesforce.com for web-to-lead forms, etc.
- an event management product that connects with Salesforce.com
- A PayPal integration product