It's taken me a while to write this blog post, mostly because I have been working hard at various things (like building a business and building new websites.) This is the last installment in my CRM/CMS integration series, that started almost a year ago (wow!) And I'm skipping Joomla/Salesforce Integration because there isn't any publicly available documentation or code about the integration that PICnet did with Joomla and Salesforce, called J!Salesforce. [update: see Ryan's comment below.] So what is the state of Drupal/Salesforce Integration? It's not as mature as the Plone/Salesforce integration, for sure, but it is coming along nicely. There are several contributed modules:
- salesforce - main module, with API, node, and user integration possibilities. This module provides the basic salesforce API connection (via SOAP), and includes field mapping, and basic import/export
- sf_webform - Makes integration with webforms in Drupal fairly easy. Web-to-lead is quite nice and flexible with this module.
- uc_salesforce - Provides integration with ubercart orders
- parser-salesforce - Integration with FeedAPI - pulling data from salesforce into drupal nodes via FeedAPI (I hope to start maintaining this module)
- sf_import - Import Salesforce objects into Drupal nodes (will be folded into the main salesforce module)